Monday, November 15, 2010

What the heck?

math word problems
magnets
economics
plucking eyebrows and then drawing them on again
daylight savings time
people who aren't passing in the passing lane
E=mc2
computers/cell phones etc.
why Johnny Cash's birthday isn't a national holiday

There are so many things in life I don't understand. I try to take advantage of the information available out there about some topics, some I remember trying to learn about in school (a long time ago), some I think about again and again to no avail---there is just no bright light of understanding coming forth on certain things.

But other than the Johnny Cash National Holiday (well, and the slow driver's in the passing lane-but don't get me started) I don't really have to worry about these issues much. That's one of the nice things about not being a student. I was reminded of this when my daughter, a college student, sent this quote from one of her readings for Art History,

"...'art' will be best understood in its fullest sense as the instrumentality
or metalanguage of the museum's historiographical and psychical confabulations, as well as that confabulated world of objects itself."


What the heck? No wonder college kids drink.

2 comments:

kula said...

Not really ashamed to admit I had to go to dictionary.com.
Indeed...what the heck?

Anonymous said...

The word confabulated sounds more like a medical term or a medical equipment process used for extracting mucus or something else foreign in the human body! Not an term used to explain an artsie relationship! Enjoyed the posting - keep them coming! MM